Outside Higher Ed

October 16, 2007
Posted by Jay Livingston

Here's what happens if your blog gets a mention in the “Around the Web” section of the Inside Higher Ed website: fifty-five people linking in. At least that's what happened with this blog yesterday. I would have thought it would be more since IHE picks only two websites each day. And the effect fades quickly. Today, there were only five referrals.

The strange thing was the post they chose to link to –“Scholarship as an Avocation” rather than the following post, “What Can I Do With an MA?

Of course, your mileage may vary. If IHE had mentioned bloggers like Dan Myers or Jeremy Freese, people would have been clicking in by the hundreds.

1 comment:

Bad Runner said...

Eh...I was up there about a week ago and I got 109 from them that day, but I think it was just because they gave me a sexier one-liner: "A call for academics to stop being rude to each other." Or something like that.